Idaho Space Heating Rebates for Multifamily Homes - Contractor Install Required
Avista's Idaho residential rebates for space heating, water heating and conversations to heat pumps will be discontinued as of June 30, 2023. To receive the current offers in these programs, all required documentation must be submitted or postmarked to Avista by June 30, 2023.
Rebates available to qualified customers:
|Natural gas boiler
||95% AFUE or higher
|Natural gas furnace
||95% AFUE or higher
|Natural gas wall furnace
||90% AFUE or higher
Get your rebate
Step 1: Choose licensed contractor and qualifying equipment
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- Ensure equipment meets required efficiency. Efficiencies for space heating equipment are verified according to the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate or on the contractor invoice:
- Natural gas boiler or furnace must be 95% AFUE or higher
- Natural gas wall furnace must be 90% AFUE or higher
Step 2: Ensure your home qualifies
- New construction and existing homes qualify.
- Primary fuel used for space heating must be Avista natural gas service.
- For primary multifamily homes with shared interior walls (up to a fourplex) including apartments, duplexes, townhomes, and condos.
- Seasonal and recreational homes are not eligible.
Step 3: Submit a rebate application
- Complete and submit a rebate application within 120 days of qualifying equipment installation and by June 30, 2023.
- Include a copy or electronic image of the final invoice showing the equipment installed, along with the make and model number (bids and estimates are not accepted).
- Include a copy or electronic image of the AHRI certificate for your equipment. AHRI certificate may be obtained from your contractor or online at ahridirectory.org.
Rebate applications may be submitted via the following:
Online: Rebate application
Download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
Important rebate information
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection, as applicable.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost, including tax.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner via check or account credit, unless homeowner authorizes payment release to contractor.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment, including issuance of check or bill credit.