Idaho Water Heater Rebates - Contractor Install Required
Rebates available to qualified customers:
- 2.9 UEF or higher efficiency electric heat pump water heater - $500
- 0.82 UEF or higher efficiency natural gas tankless water heater - $400
- 0.65 UEF or higher efficiency natural gas ≤ 55-gallon water heater - $100
Get your rebate
Step 1: Choose licensed contractor and qualifying equipment
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- Ensure equipment meets required efficiency. Efficiencies for water heating equipment are verified according to the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate or other qualifying standards stated:
- Heat pump water heater must be 2.9 UEF or higher
- Natural gas tankless water heater must be 0.82 UEF or higher
- Natural gas ≤ 55-gallon water heater must be 0.65 UEF or higher
Step 2: Ensure your home qualifies
- New construction and existing homes qualify.
- Primary fuel used for water heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service.
- For primary residential single-family homes up to a fourplex (including manufactured, modular and multifamily homes).
- Seasonal and recreational homes are not eligible.
Step 3: Submit a rebate application
- Complete and submit a rebate application within 120 days of qualifying equipment installation.
- Include a copy or electronic image of the final invoice showing the equipment installed, along with the make and model number (bids and estimates are not accepted).
- Include a copy or electronic image of the AHRI certificate for your equipment. AHRI certificate may be obtained from your contractor or online at ahridirectory.org.
Rebate applications may be submitted via the following:
Online: Rebate application
Download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
Important rebate information
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection, as applicable.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost, including tax.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner via check or account credit, unless homeowner authorizes payment release to contractor.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment, including issuance of check or bill credit.