Washington rebates on converting electric straight resistance heat to air source or ductless heat pump
Call (800) 227-9187 or email email@example.com to pre-qualify your project.
- Electric central ducted forced air furnace to air source heat pump - $1000 – must be Avista primary heat source with efficiency of 9.0 HSPF or greater
- Electric baseboard heat to ductless heat pump -$500 – Must be electric as a primary heat source with a 10.00 HSPF or greater
Do I qualify?
- Pre-qualify for rebate before you have the conversion completed. Call Avista at (509) 495-4728. Annual usage will be reviewed and must demonstrate that at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric and less than 340 therms of natural gas occurred in the last 12 months in order to be eligible. Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Credit: Allow up to 7 days for processing and payment of rebate, Check: Allow up to 4-6 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- Licensed contractor installation required.
- Existing homes only with Avista electric service who replace electric straight resistance as their primary heat.
- No new construction or replacement of same type of existing equipment.
- Annual usage will be reviewed and must demonstrate that at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric and less than 340 therms of natural gas occurred in the last 12 months in order to be eligible.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
Equipment is required to be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison. Ask your contractor to include the following on your final invoice
- Equipment installed
- Model number
- Required efficiency information. Submitted invoice must reflect the energy efficiency of the equipment, include AHRI certificate, or include other efficiency documentation (e.g. equipment or window specification sheets, insulation or Energy Star manufactured home NEEM certifications).
Submit all rebate applications, final contractor invoices (bids and estimates are not accepted), and any supporting documentation (such as the receipt for a self-installed smart thermostat) within 90 days from the date of installation. Submit your rebate online or download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your contractor invoice(s) and required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates
PO Box 3727, MSC-15