Washington Conversion Rebates - Electric Straight Resistance Heat to Air Source or Ductless Heat Pump
Rebates available to qualified customers:
|Existing Heating Equipment||New Heating Equipment||Rebate||New Equipment Requirements|
|Electric central ducted forced air furnace||Air source heat pump||$1,000||Must be home's primary Avista heat source and have an efficiency rating of 9.0 HSPF or greater|
|Electric baseboard heat||Ductless heat pump||$700||Home’s primary heat source must be Avista electricity; equipment must have an efficiency rating of 9.00 HSPF or greater|
Get your rebate
Step 1: Choose licensed contractor and qualifying equipment
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- No new construction installations or replacement of same type of existing equipment.
- Must use Avista electricity as primary heat source with heat pump efficiency of 9.0 HSPF or greater..
Step 2: Ensure your home qualifies
- Only existing homes with Avista electric service who replace electric straight resistance as their primary heat are eligible for conversion rebates.
- Avista electricity must be used as primary heat source.
- For primary residential single-family homes up to a fourplex (including manufactured and modular homes).
- Seasonal and recreational homes are not eligible.
Step 3: Submit a rebate application
- Complete and submit a rebate application within 120 days of qualifying equipment installation.
- Include a copy or electronic image of the final invoice showing the equipment installed, along with the make and model number (bids and estimates are not accepted).
- Include a copy or electronic image of the AHRI certificate for your equipment. AHRI certificate may be obtained from your contractor or online at ahridirectory.org.
Rebate applications may be submitted via the following:
Online: Rebate application
Download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
Important rebate information
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection, as applicable.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost, including tax.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner via check or account credit, unless homeowner authorizes payment release to contractor.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment, including issuance of check or bill credit.