Washington Primary Heat Source Conversion Rebates for SIngle-Family Homes - Electric Straight Resistance Heat to Air Source or Ductless Heat Pump - Contractor Install Required
Avista's Washington residential rebates for space heating, water heating and conversations to heat pumps will be discontinued as of June 30, 2023. To receive the current offers in these programs, all required documentation must be submitted or postmarked to Avista by June 30, 2023.
Rebates available to qualified customers:
|Existing Heating Equipment||New Heating Equipment||Rebate||New Equipment Requirements|
|Electric central ducted forced air furnace||Air source heat pump||$1,000||Must be home's primary Avista heat source and have an efficiency rating of 9.0 HSPF or greater|
|Electric baseboard heat||Ductless heat pump||$700||Home’s primary heat source must be Avista electricity; equipment must have an efficiency rating of 9.00 HSPF or greater|
Get your rebate
Step 1: Choose licensed contractor and qualifying equipment
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- No new construction installations or replacement of same type of existing equipment.
- Natural gas heat or heat pump equipment with efficiency ratings of 9.0 HSPF or greater must replace electric straight resistance as a home's primary Avista heat source.
Step 2: Ensure your home qualifies
- Only existing homes with Avista electric service who replace electric straight resistance as their primary heat are eligible for conversion rebates (no new construction).
- For primary single-family homes only.
- Seasonal and recreational homes are not eligible.
- Natural gas usage for the prior 12 months must be less than 340 therms for single-family residences.
- Call (800) 227-9187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your usage and pre-qualify your project.
Step 3: Submit a rebate application
- Complete and submit a rebate application within 120 days of qualifying equipment installation and by June 30, 2023.
- Include a copy or electronic image of the final invoice showing the equipment installed, along with the make and model number (bids and estimates are not accepted).
- Include a copy or electronic image of the AHRI certificate for your equipment. AHRI certificate may be obtained from your contractor or online at ahridirectory.org.
Rebate applications may be submitted via the following:
Online: Rebate application
Download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your required documentation—via the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
Important rebate information
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection, as applicable.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost, including tax.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner via check or account credit, unless homeowner authorizes payment release to contractor.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment, including issuance of check or bill credit.