Smart thermostat rebate for Washington residents
- Smart thermostat contractor installed - $150
- Smart thermostat self-install - $125
Do I qualify?
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Credit: Allow up to 7 days for processing and payment of rebate, Check: Allow up to 4-6 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- New construction and existing homes.
- One smart thermostat per primary heat source.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The residential rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- The multifamily and small home rebates are available for windows, insulation and baseboard thermometers.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Must connect to the in-home Wi-Fi and must have Smartphone application available to download or access via the internet.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- Thermostat can be contractor installed or self-installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Receipt or invoices submitted must include thermostat brand, model number, and costs.
Equipment is required to be installed by a licensed contractor with the exception of self-installed smart thermostats. If using a contractor to install, ask your contractor to include the following on your final invoice
- Brand of smart thermostat installed
- Model number
Submit all rebate applications, final contractor invoices (bids and estimates are not accepted), and any supporting documentation (such as the receipt for a self-installed smart thermostat) within 90 days from the date of installation. Submit your rebate online or download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your contractor invoice(s) and required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates
PO Box 3727, MSC-15