Water heater rebate for Washington residents
- 1.8 UEF or higher efficiency electric heat pump water heater - $215
- 0.82 UEF or higher efficiency natural gas tankless water heater - $400
- 0.65 UEF or higher efficiency natural gas ≤ 55-gallon water heater - $100
Do I qualify?
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Credit: Allow up to 7 days for processing and payment of rebate, Check: Allow up to 4-6 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- New construction and existing homes.
- Primary fuel used for water heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service to qualify.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The residential rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- The multifamily and small home rebates are available for windows, insulation and baseboard thermometers.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Efficiencies for water heating equipment are verified according to the contractor invoice or Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
Equipment is required to be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison. Ask your contractor to include the following on your final invoice:
- Equipment installed
- Model number
- Required efficiency information. Submitted invoice must reflect the energy efficiency of the equipment, include AHRI certificate, or include other efficiency documentation (e.g. equipment or window specification sheets, insulation or Energy Star manufactured home NEEM certifications).
Submit all rebate applications, final contractor invoices (bids and estimates are not accepted), and any supporting documentation (such as the receipt for a self-installed smart thermostat) within 90 days from the date of installation. Submit your rebate online or download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your contractor invoice(s) and required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates
PO Box 3727, MSC-15