Oregon Natural Gas Restoration Updates
The map below represents the areas where Avista has shut off gas flow in response to the wildfires in Oregon.
We are deeply saddened by the devastation the fires have caused and our hearts go out to all of those who have been affected. As we continue our restoration work, the health and safety of our customers, the communities we serve, and our employees remains our top priority.
Over the weekend, Avista crews completed their assessments and identified areas where natural gas service can be safely restored. This restoration work has already begun, and crews will be moving through the impacted areas relighting and restoring natural gas service to individual homes and businesses. We are working to restore service as safely and quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience as this is a manual process that takes time. Here is what you can expect from us:
The natural gas service relight process:
- You will receive an automated call with a time and date that a service person will be in your area. To receive a call, your contact information must be current in our system. Please call (800) 227-9187 or visit myavista.com to update your information.
- If you are not available when we arrive, a service person will leave a door hanger with a callback number. We will return when it is convenient for you.
- An adult, 18 years or older, will need to be home to let the service person inside to relight your natural gas appliances.
- Restoration may be delayed if crews are unable to gain access to your property. To help with this, you can make sure gates are unlocked so Avista can access each meter to safely restore gas service.
- Our service personnel will continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines when entering customers’ homes. Please let us know before we arrive if someone in the home has COVID-19 or has been exposed to the virus.
We care about your safety and the safety of all of those we serve in our communities. We will keep you updated as the situation evolves and we have more information.