Kids Energy Safety
Wires and plugs, gas meters and other things to do with energy can be found almost everywhere. Learn how to be safe around energy with our fun coloring and puzzle pages.
- Don't fly kites or drones near power lines
- Staying safe near dams
- Keep out of power stations
- Stay off green electrical boxes
- Call 811 before you dig
- If you smell gas, get out
- Keep back from downed power lines
- Don't overload electric outlets
- Don't climb near power lines
- Never throw things onto power lines
Playing it safe around energy takes knowing how to spot the potential hazards—both indoors and out. Let our fun activities below teach you how to keep yourself and others safe.