Water Flow Information
Water conditions as of Friday, December 8, 2023. Please be aware that water conditions can change drastically any time depending upon weather and dam operations.
Coeur d'Alene Lake
The elevation of Coeur d'Alene Lake this morning is 2123.40, which is about 4 feet 7 inches below summer level. The annual fall drawdown of Coeur d'Alene Lake is in progress. The elevation of the lake will increase some the next couple of days due to warm temperatures and precipitation. Target elevation for end of December is about 2121.5 or about 6.5 feet below maximum summer level.
Spokane River between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls Bridge
The following information is concerning water levels between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls bridge. The present water level at the Spokane Street Bridge is 2122.05, which is about 5 feet 10 inches below summer level. The elevation of the water in the river above the dam will stay about the same over the next week.
Spokane River below Post Falls
The flow in the Spokane River below Post Falls this morning is about 4200 cfs, of which about 3960 cfs is flowing in the South Channel and 240 cfs is flowing in the North Channel. Flows will stay about the same over the next week. The flow in the Spokane River at Spokane this morning is about 4140 cfs. Flows at Spokane will stay about the same over the next week.
Lake Spokane at the Long Lake Dam
The elevation of Lake Spokane at the Long Lake dam is 1535.6 which is at normal fall level. We expect Lake Spokane elevation to remain at this level until late December or early January.
It is important to remember that water levels could change drastically due to a variety of factors such as weather or equipment problems at the Post Falls dam. So stay alert to signs of such changes and always exercise the highest level of personal caution when using the waterways. If you need any additional information, feel free to call (509) 495-4283.
Need more information? Check:
- Coeur d’Alene Lake Elevation
- Spokane River Flow at Spokane
- Spokane River Flow at Post Falls
- Spokane River Below 9 Mile Dam
- Lake Spokane Elevation
- Long Lake 3 Hour Inflow
- Little Falls Discharge
- Noxon Rapids Forebay
- Cabinet Gorge Forebay
- Lake Roosevelt - Current month or last month
- Forecasted streamflows
- Current temperature map for USA
- National Weather Service (NWS) weather forecasts for Spokane
- Washington State Storm Reports and Storm Forecasts
- SNOTEL Basin Report
- NOAA Northwest River Forecast Center
- SNOTEL Current Snow Water Level Percent of Normal
- Washington State weather forecast
- Washington Highway Pass Reports
- Seattle Office of the National Weather Service
- Spokane Office of the National Weather Service
- Idaho Office of the National Weather Service