Water Flow Information
Water conditions as of Friday, August 12, 2022. Please be aware that water conditions can change drastically any time depending upon weather and dam operations.
Coeur d'Alene Lake
The elevation of Coeur d'Alene Lake this morning is 2128.0 which is normal summer elevation. The elevation of Coeur d'Alene Lake will remain at summer level through Labor Day.
Spokane River between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls Bridge
The following information is concerning water levels between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls bridge. The present water level at the Spokane Street Bridge is 2127.75. The elevation of the water in the river above the dam will stay about the same over the next week.
Spokane River below Post Falls
The flow in the Spokane River below Post Falls this morning is about 1345 cfs, of which about 1195 cfs is flowing in the South Channel and 150 cfs is flowing in the North Channel. Post Falls discharge flows were increased yesterday because thunderstorms in the Idaho panhandle have increased inflow into the lake. We expect flows to decrease over the next week. The flow in the Spokane River at Spokane this morning is about 1270 cfs. Flows at Spokane are expected to increase some today and then decrease over the next week.
Lake Spokane at the Long Lake Dam
The elevation of Lake Spokane at the Long Lake dam is 1535.6, which is normal summer level. We will continue to maintain Lake Spokane at summer level.
It is important to remember that water levels could change drastically due to a variety of factors such as weather or equipment problems at the Post Falls dam. So stay alert to signs of such changes and always exercise the highest level of personal caution when using the waterways. If you need any additional information, feel free to call (509) 495-4283.
Need more information? Check:
- Coeur d’Alene Lake Elevation
- Spokane River Flow at Spokane
- Spokane River Flow at Post Falls
- Spokane River Below 9 Mile Dam
- Lake Spokane Elevation
- Long Lake 3 Hour Inflow
- Little Falls Discharge
- Noxon Rapids Forebay
- Cabinet Gorge Forebay
- Lake Roosevelt - Current month or last month
- Forecasted streamflows
- Current temperature map for USA
- National Weather Service (NWS) weather forecasts for Spokane
- Washington State Storm Reports and Storm Forecasts
- SNOTEL Basin Report
- NOAA Northwest River Forecast Center
- SNOTEL Current Snow Water Level Percent of Normal
- Washington State weather forecast
- Washington Highway Pass Reports
- Seattle Office of the National Weather Service
- Spokane Office of the National Weather Service
- Idaho Office of the National Weather Service