At Avista, we’ve carefully considered how our business intersects with the environment for decades. We believe that all of us play a role in addressing climate change and that being good stewards of our shared resources is a collective effort. We will work together with our customers, communities and regulators toward a lower carbon future while keeping our system reliable and considering the economic impact to our customers.
As an energy provider, Avista is committed to addressing climate change-related issues in support of a lower carbon future in ways that make technological, environmental and economic sense. Our commitments include:
- Integrating renewables as part of our commitment to clean energy and carbon emissions reductions, while maintaining reliability and affordable rates for our customers.
- Engaging in climate policy development to promote environmental stewardship along with economic and community vitality.
- Driving innovation and technology advancements which increase energy efficiency and/or reduce emissions.
- Leading energy efficiency and conservation efforts for our customers and within our own system.
- Improving the sustainability of our business practices and promoting environmental stewardship of our shared natural resources.
To learn more about these and additional efforts and commitments to our environment, please visit our ESG/Corporate Responsibility webpage.
We invite you to learn more about our commitment to environmental stewardship through: