Enjoy savings when you improve the energy efficiency of your home.
You're going to add a new energy efficient feature to your home? That's great, for the environment, and for you. You'll receive generous incentives from your home state when you invest in energy efficiency, but be sure you meet these minimum requirements to qualify:
- For space heat conversions: Demonstrate that at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric straight resistance heat and less than 340 therms occurred in the last 12 months.
- For insulation and window: Rebates require a minimum of 8,000 kilowatt-hours or 340 therms annual usage.
- For all except smart thermostat self-install: Must be contractor installed to be eligible for a rebate.
- For all: Application forms with supporting documentation must be submitted within 90 days of the completed installation.
Simple steps to apply for rebates:
- Complete rebate application
- Attach legible copies of finalized and itemized contractor's invoice (estimates and bids are not accepted)
- Attach energy efficiency information and any other supporting documentation
Submit a rebate now
Or, download this form.
Note: The Energy Star Single Family home rebate ($1000) and the Electric to Natural Gas Water Heater conversion rebate ($750) are discontinued for 2018.
|Weatherization||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|High Efficiency Equipment||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Natural Gas Furnace/Boiler||$300||
|Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater||$200||
|Variable Speed Motor||$80||
|Heat Pump Water Heater (0-54 gal of 1.8 EF or greater)||$200||
High efficiency equipment note: Efficiencies for space and water heating equipment are verified according to the contractor invoice or Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
|Heat Conversion Rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Electric to Ductless Heat Pump (9.0 HSPF or greater)||$500||
|Electric to Natural Gas Furnace||$1,500||
|Electric Central Ducted Forced Air Furnace to Air Source Heat Pump||$700||
|Electric to Natural Gas Direct Vent Wall Heat||$1,300||
|Electric to natural gas, furnace and water heater combo
*Customer usage will be reviewed and must demonstrate that at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric straight resistance heat and less than 340 therms occurred in the last 12 months in order to be eligible for rebates related to space heat conversions.
|Smart thermostat rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Smart Thermostat Contractor Install||$75||
|Smart Thermostat Self Install||$60||
Customers usage will be verified as part of the rebate process, if you would like Avista to pre-approve annual usage please call us at (800) 227-9187, or email email@example.com.
Here's what you should know before you apply.
- Primary fuel used for space heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service to qualify.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Allow 8 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
Available for new construction homes using Avista electric or Avista electric and natural gas that meet the ENERGY STAR Homes criteria and are verified as an ENERGY STAR Home. Download the form.