Enjoy savings when you improve the energy efficiency of your home.
We offer rebates to encourage customers to improve the energy efficiency of their homes, but be sure you meet these minimum requirements to qualify:
- For space heat conversions: Demonstrate that at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric straight resistance heat and less than 340 therms occurred in the last 12 months.
- For insulation and window: Rebates require a minimum of 8,000 kilowatt-hours or 340 therms annual usage.
- For all except smart thermostat self-install: Must be contractor installed to be eligible for a rebate.
- For all: Application forms with supporting documentation must be submitted within 90 days of the completed installation.
Simple steps to apply for rebates:
- Complete the rebate application
- Attach legible copies of finalized itemized invoices (estimates and bids are not accepted), energy efficiency information, and other supporting documentation.
Avista recently completed our annual evaluation of energy savings, market costs and other considerations associated with our Residential and Commercial programs. This analysis resulted in some new measure offerings as well as changes to incentive amounts. The new incentive forms will be made available online prior to January 1, 2019 when the changes go into effect. For incentive amounts that are decreasing, measure must be installed and operating; an Avista agreement form, final invoices and other required documentation must be submitted and postmarked to Avista no later than January 31, 2019. Any applications submitted after January 31, 2019 will receive the revised 2019 offerings, if applicable.
To receive the LEAP allowance you must meet the following deadlines:
- Request your natural gas hookup through Avista's Natural Gas construction office by February 28, 2019. Call 877-GAS-TEAM (427-8326).
- Schedule your natural gas service by signing and returning Avista's natural gas service agreement to the Avista natural gas construction office by May 31, 2019.
- Have a contractor install your energy-efficient natural gas furnace and/or natural gas water heater and submit the applications for your LEAP allowance and conversion rebates–with required documentation–prior to November 29, 2019.
Submit a rebate now
Or, download this form.
|Weatherization||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|High Efficiency Equipment||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Natural Gas Furnace/Boiler||$300||
|Variable Speed Motor||$80||
|Natural Gas Furnace/Boiler + (Electric) Variable Speed Motor||$380||
|Electric Heat Pump Water Heater (0-54 gal of 1.8 EF or greater)||$215||
|Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater||$215||
|Natural Gas Water Heater||$60||
High efficiency equipment note: Efficiencies for space and water heating equipment are verified according to the contractor invoice or Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
|Heat Conversion Rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Electric to Ductless Heat Pump (9.0 HSPF or greater)||$500||
|Electric Central Ducted Forced Air Furnace to Air Source Heat Pump||$700||
|Electric to Natural Gas Furnace||$1,200||
|Electric to natural gas furnace and water heat combo
*Customer usage will be reviewed and must demonstrate that at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric straight resistance heat and less than 340 therms occurred in the last 12 months in order to be eligible for rebates related to space heat conversions.
|Smart thermostat rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Smart Thermostat Contractor Install||$75||
|Smart Thermostat Self Install||$60||
|Multifamily rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Multifamily Natural Gas Furnace or Boiler
|Multifamily Conversion from Electric to Natural Gas Furnace
|Multifamily Conversion from Electric to Natural Gas Furnace and Water Heat combo||$700||
|Download Multifamily rebates form.|
Customers usage will be verified as part of the rebate process, if you would like Avista to pre-approve annual usage please call us at (800) 227-9187, or email email@example.com.
Here's what you should know before you apply.
- Primary fuel used for space heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service to qualify.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Allow 8 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
Available for new construction homes using Avista electric or Avista electric and natural gas that meet the ENERGY STAR Homes criteria and are verified as an ENERGY STAR Home. Download the form.
|Energy Star rated manufactured home rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Electric or Electric/Gas Customer
|Gas Only Customer