Idaho Primary Heat Source Conversion Rebates for Single-Family Homes – Electric to Natural Gas Furnace - Contractor Install Required
Rebates available to qualified customers:
|Existing Heating Equipment||New Heating Equipment||Rebate|
|Electric baseboard or forced air furnace
||Natural gas forced air furnace
|Electric furnace and water heater combo
||Natural gas furnace and water heater combo
Get your rebate
Step 1: Choose licensed contractor and qualifying equipment
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- No new construction installations or replacement of same type of existing equipment.
- Natural gas heat equipment must replace electric straight resistance as a home’s primary Avista heat source.
Step 2: Ensure your home qualifies
- Only existing homes with Avista electric service who replace electric straight resistance as their primary heat source are eligible for conversion rebates (no new construction).
- For primary residential single-family homes only.
- Annual usage will be reviewed to ensure at least 4,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity and less than 340 therms of natural gas were used in the last 12 months, in order to be eligible.
- Seasonal and recreational homes are not eligible.
- Call (800) 227-9187 or email email@example.com to verify your usage and pre-qualify your project.
Step 3: Submit a rebate application
- Complete and submit a rebate application within 120 days of qualifying equipment installation.
- Include a copy or electronic image of the final invoice showing the equipment installed, along with the make and model number (bids and estimates are not accepted).
- Include a copy or electronic image of the AHRI certificate for your equipment. AHRI certificate may be obtained from your contractor or online at ahridirectory.org.
Rebate applications may be submitted via the following:
Online: Rebate application
Download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
Important rebate information
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection, as applicable.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost, including tax.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner via check or account credit, unless homeowner authorizes payment release to contractor.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment, including issuance of check or bill credit.