Washington rebates on home insulation installation
- Attic insulation - $0.75 per sq. ft. – available if existing insulation level is R-11 or less, new insulation value R-49
- Wall insulation - $0.75 per sq. ft. – available if existing insulation level is R-0, new insulation value R-13+
- Floor insulation - $0.75 per sq. ft. – available if existing insulation level is R-0, new insulation value R-30+
Do I qualify?
- Homeowners in Washington are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Credit: Allow up to 7 days for processing and payment of rebate, Check: Allow up to 4-6 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- Existing homes only.
- For residential insulation rebates, annual usage must be over 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric or 340 therms of natural gas heat.
- For multifamily or small home insulation rebates, there is no minimum usage required but must use Avista natural gas or electric as primary source of heating residence.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 120 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes and multifamily.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Contractor must certify existing and new levels of insulation and invoice must be itemized with the following: square footage, pre and post R-value ratings, and cost.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- Insulation must be installed only where such cavities separate conditioned from unconditioned areas of the residence (livable spaces).
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
Insulation is required to be installed by a licensed contractor. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison. Ask your contractor to include the following on your final invoice
- Pre and post R-values are required to be stated on contractor invoice
- Insulation square footage must be stated
Submit all rebate applications, final contractor invoices (bids and estimates are not accepted), and any supporting documentation (such as the receipt for a self-installed smart thermostat) within 120 days from the date of installation. Submit your rebate online or download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your contractor invoice(s) and required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates
PO Box 3727, MSC-15