Oregon - Rate Requests
Natural Gas Rules and Conditions Filing (August 14, 2019)
Schedule 461/462 Purchased Gas Cost Adjustment Filing (July 31, 2019)
Schedule 469 Intervenor Funding Filing (July 31, 2019)
Schedule 475 Decoupling Rate Adjustment Filing (July 31, 2019)
Schedule 478 DSM Filing (July 31, 2019)
Schedule 484 Fee Free Payment Filing (July 31, 2019)
On March 15, Avista made a request with the Public Utility Commission of Oregon (PUC) to increase natural gas billed rates.
Why Avista is requesting to change ratesThis request is driven by Avista’s investments in natural gas infrastructure, and it includes projects that support the safe, reliable delivery of natural gas to our customers as well as the replacement of old equipment, compliance with government regulations and requirements, technology upgrades and more.
Projects included in the requestOther examples of projects in the request include:
- The continuation of a major project to replace portions of natural gas distribution pipe. The project is replacing hundreds of miles of natural gas pipeline that was installed prior to 1987.
- Expansion of the natural gas system to meet the growing needs of customers.
- Replacement of natural gas pipe to improve the operation of the natural gas system and accommodate development and construction projects.
- Implementation and upgrades of technology systems that make it easier for customers to do business with Avista and that allow employees to perform their jobs and serve customers in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
These investments are made on behalf of our customers, for the benefit of our customers, so that we can continue to safely, efficiently and reliably meet their energy needs now and into the future.
How customer bills could changeIf approved, residential customers using an average of 47 therms per month would see the following changes on their bills:
- Increase of $3.91 per month or 8.0 percent
- A revised monthly bill of $52.85
- An increase in the monthly basic charge from $10.00 to $12.00, which is included in the $3.91 per month increase
More informationYou can read more about this request by reading the news release or the testimony from Avista president Dennis Vermillion that was filed with the PUC.
Learn about how the utility commissions set Avista’s rates by watching this video.