Evaluate multiple solar offers
When you're ready to evaluate solar installers, you have a number of options.
Tips to help you find the right solution:
- Consider and plan for any energy efficiency improvements before sizing your system.
- Request bids from at least three contractors and request customer references.
- Ensure all bids are prepared using the same assumptions so you can compare “apples to apples.” Assumptions to review include:
- system measurements
- length of time to install
- what is included as a base package versus an “adder”
- Solar production can vary based on locations and shading conditions – verify the site analysis is specific to your location.
- Verify insurance and that they have a valid license for your state and city.
- Before signing a contract, read it carefully and thoroughly. Ensure all costs are included and ask questions about anything you do not fully understand.
- Take your time. Don’t rush into a decision before fully evaluating your options.