Idaho Insulation Rebates for Single-Family Homes - Contractor Install Required
Rebates available to qualified customers:
|Rebate||Existing insulation||New insulation||Incentive|
||R-11 or less
*Will accept R-38+ for attic insulation if contractor's invoice indicates installed R-value is the max value space allows.
Get your rebate
Step 1: Choose licensed contractor and qualifying equipment
- Insulation must be installed by a licensed contractor. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Ensure insulation meets efficiency requirements for both existing and new insulation levels.
Step 2: Ensure your home qualifies
- Only existing homes qualify (no new construction).
- Primary fuel used for heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service.
- For primary single-family homes.
- Annual usage will be reviewed to ensure at least 4,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity or at least 120 therms of natural gas were used in the last 12 months, in order to be eligible.
- Seasonal and recreational homes are not eligible.
- Call (800) 227-9187 or email email@example.com to verify your usage and pre-qualify your project.
Step 3: Submit a rebate application
- Complete and submit a rebate application within 120 days of qualifying equipment installation.
- Include a copy or electronic image of the final itemized invoice showing square footage, pre- and post- R-value ratings, and costs (bids and estimates are not accepted).
Rebate applications may be submitted via the following:
Online: Rebate application
Download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
Important rebate information
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection, as applicable.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost, including tax.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner via check or account credit, unless homeowner authorizes payment release to contractor.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment, including issuance of check or bill credit.