Washington Smart Thermostat Rebates for Single-Family Homes
Rebates available to qualified customers:
- Smart thermostat contractor installed - $200
- Smart thermostat self-install - $150
Get your rebate
Step 1: Choose qualifying equipment and licensed contractor (if applicable)
- Smart thermostat(s) must connect to the in-home Wi-Fi and must have Smartphone application available to download or access via the internet.
- Smart thermostat can be contractor installed or self-installed.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- Limit one Smart thermostat per primary heat source. Limit two standard smart thermostats per residence.
Step 2: Ensure your home qualifies
- New construction and existing homes qualify.
- Primary fuel used for heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service.
- For primary single-family homes.
- Seasonal and recreational homes are not eligible.
Step 3: Submit a rebate application
- Complete and submit a rebate application within 120 days of qualifying equipment installation.
- Include a copy or electronic image of the receipt for your smart thermostat. If a contractor is installing your new thermostat, ask your them to include the make, model and cost on your receipt or invoice.
Rebate applications may be submitted via the following:
Online: Rebate application
Download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
Important rebate information
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection, as applicable.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost, including tax.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner via check or account credit, unless homeowner authorizes payment release to contractor.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment, including issuance of check or bill credit.