How Contractors Can Help You Save Energy
Want even more savings? Hire a professional contractor.The right professional can help you create a more energy efficient home. Here's what you can do when you have the means to spend a little more, and the specialist to assist you.
Help with heat loss prevention
- Replace drafty doors and windows. You'll reduce energy consumption for years to come, plus increase the value and beauty of your home.
- Check insulation levels in your walls, ceiling or attic. Call an insulation contractor to find out how to optimize heat flow both into and out of your home.
- Seal air ducts to prevent heat loss. A qualified contractor will inspect your system, perform pressurization tests and complete any repairs necessary.
- Install energy efficient furnaces and water heaters. We offer rebates to help offset the cost of new energy-efficiency equipment.*
- Choose an energy-efficient refrigerator or freezer if yours is over 10 years old. The new unit can cost you considerably less to operate than the old.
- Install energy-efficient windows. Double-pane windows with low-e coating can reduce your heating bills substantially in cold climates.
*Some restrictions may apply