How Contractors Can Help You Save Energy and Money
Avista’s free Home Energy Audit Program
A home energy audit is the first step toward learning how your home uses energy and can help you prioritize improvement efforts. Home energy audits are comprehensive in-home energy evaluations – like a wellness check for your home. They’re conducted by certified, third-party audit contractors that identify areas of concern and make personalized recommendations to improve the home’s overall efficiency, comfort and health. Watch home energy audit video.
Want to Save Even More Money? Hire a Professional Energy Contractor.The right professional can help you create a more energy efficient home. Here's what you can do when you have the means to spend a little more, and the specialist to assist you.
Get Help in Reducing Heat Loss in Your Home
- Replace drafty doors and windows. You'll reduce energy consumption for years to come, plus increase the value and beauty of your home.
- Check insulation levels in your walls, ceiling or attic. Call an insulation contractor to find out how to optimize heat flow both into and out of your home.
- Seal air ducts to prevent heat loss. A qualified contractor will inspect your system, perform pressurization tests and complete any repairs necessary.
Replacing Your Energy Efficient Appliances and Equipment
- Install energy efficient furnaces and water heaters. We offer rebates to help offset the cost of new energy-efficiency equipment.*
- Choose an energy-efficient refrigerator or freezer if yours is over 10 years old. The new unit can cost you considerably less to operate than the old.
- Install energy-efficient windows. Double-pane windows with low-e coating can reduce your heating bills substantially in cold climates.
*Some restrictions may apply